- CRAL Holds Formative Assessment Workshop for English Teachers
AUA Center for Applied Linguistics (CRAL), in cooperation with Oxford University Centre for Educational Assessment (OUCEA), organized a Formative Assessment Workshop for teachers from different educational institutions of Armenia.
- Sona Adamyan (MATEFL’ 22) Wins Best Teacher of the Year Award
Congratulations are in order to AUA graduate student Sona Adamyan (MATEFL ’22) who has emerged as the Best Teacher award winner, as announced by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of the Republic of Armenia in October 2021. We sat down with her to find out more about the road to her successful win, the sources of her inspiration, motivation, and inner drive to teaching excellence.
Please tell us about your background. How did you get to study at AUA?
I first attended the Linguistic University after Brusov where
- CHSS Open House
Join us on November 13, 2021, starting from 11:00am!
- AUA MATEFL Alumna on Studying and Teaching Online
Luiza Vardanyan highlights that the education at AUA far exceeded her expectations.
- Demo English Lessons for Visitors From Artsakh
The participants of the event had the opportunity to build capacity and increase their professional network.
- Winners of Student Writing Contest Announced
The winners are Lida Asilyan (BAEC ‘24), Nane Khachikyan (BSCS ‘24), and Sona Adamyan (MATEFL ‘21).
- NorArar: An Educational Initiative for Children of Artsakh
The NorArar team joined efforts to implement psychosocial interventions for affected children living in Vanadzor.
- Reaching Out to the Displaced Children of Artsakh
The educational initiative was launched by AUA MATEFL, CTEFL, and EEC faculty and students.
- Launching ‘Our Planet’ Textbook for Learners of English
The official launch of Our Planet took place online via a live webinar on June 4, 2020.
- Luiza Vardanyan: ‘I am here, on Mount Ararat’
“Let the world wait, I am here to realize my goal.”
- ‘Our Planet’: Forthcoming Book of Collaborative Effort
The authors are Diana Torosyan (MA TEFL ‘16) and Dr. Irshat Madyarov.
- Alumni Success Story: Tamara Galoyan (MA TEFL ’13) Earns her PhD from Drexel University
Dr. Galoyan is the recipient of the School of Education PhD Student Research Excellence Award.
- AUA TEFL Hosts 8th Annual Student Research Conference
The conference featured various student projects from universities across the country.
- Cambridge Assessment English Workshop Held by the Center for Research in Applied Linguistics at AUA
The workshop was delivered by Claire Barnes, who has over thirty years of experience in teaching.
- AUA to Host the 8th Annual Student Research Conference on Language and Education
The deadline for submitting proposals is April 30, 2019.
- TEFL Graduate Students Present at Applied Linguistics and Language Teaching International Conference and Exhibition 2019 Held in Dubai
The students had a unique opportunity to introduce their capstone projects to an international audience.
- Dr. Melita Kovačević from the University of Zagreb Meets TEFL Alumni and Students
Dr. Kovačević’s visit was part of a faculty mobility between AUA and the University of Zagreb, made possible through the Erasmus+ mobility program.
- Alumni Success Story: Lorik Hartounian (MA TEFL ‘16) Advocates for Women’s Empowerment
Hartounian is the President of GOALS (Girls of Armenia Leadership Soccer), the only sports development NGO in Armenia.
- Dr. Marina Dodigovic Receives the Title of Principal Research Fellow of the Republic of Croatia
The rank awarded by Croatia’s National Council for Science and Technology is considered to be the pinnacle of a scholar’s career in the country.
- Yerevan and Echmiadzin Teachers Attend Workshop on Project-Based Learning
PBL is a student-centered teaching and learning strategy helping students develop problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills while addressing real-world situations.