The Student Research Conference at the American University of Armenia is a unique student-led conference that showcases research and scholarship activity of current and recent students in linguistics and applied linguistics. The mission of the Student Research Conference is to acknowledge the instrumental role of research in early academic and professional development as well as to celebrate and foster scholarly research conducted by students.
|10:05-11:05||Plenary: Ten Characteristics of Highly Effective EFL Teachers||Dr. Christine Coombe (Dubai Men’s College, United Arab Emirates)||Manoogian Hall|
|11:15-11:45||Linguistics||The Language of Political Speeches||Lusine Galstyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 113W|
|Teaching & Assessment||English as a Foreign Language Teaching Methods in Primary Schools of Armenia||Klariss Kabakian (American University of Armenia)||PAB 114W|
|Translation||“Fahrenheit 451” Translation Equivalence at Word Level||Hasmik Danoyan (Yerevan State University)||PAB 133W|
|WORKSHOP||Building a Global Citizenship Team through English||Shoghig Keoshkerian (American University of Armenia)||PAB 215E|
|12:00-12:30||Linguistics||Discourse Markers in Spoken English||Narine Vlasyan (Chelyabinsk State University, Russia)||PAB 113W|
|Teaching & Assessment||Teaching English on Skype||Anna Ayrapetyan (Russian-Armenian State University)||PAB 114W|
|Teaching & Assessment||Test Development Project||Venera Melkonyan, Lorik Keshish Hartoun, Amalya Darbinyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 133W|
|WORKSHOP||Teaching English through Songs, Games, and Crafts||Elen Grigoryan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 215E|
|12:45-13:15||Linguistics||Men and Women Communication||Hasmik Nersesyan (Russian-Armenian State University)||PAB 113W|
|Teaching & Assessment||Developing 21st Century Skills through EFL||Varduhi Movsisyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 114W|
|Translation||Phraseological Units with Body Parts in English and Armenian||Nazeli Abrahamyan (Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences)||PAB 133W|
|WORKSHOP||Teaching Speaking through Current World Events||Tamar-Arax Bardakjian (American University of Armenia)||PAB 215E|
|AUA Cafeteria & Artbridge Café|
|14:15-15:15||WORKSHOP||Personal and Professional Strategic Planning for English Language Educators||Dr. Christine Coombe (Dubai Men’s College, United Arab Emirates)||Manoogian Hall|
|15:30-16:00||Linguistics||Gender Differences in Mobile Talk||Nelli Aharonyan (Public Administration Academy of the Republic of Armenia)||PAB 113W|
|Teaching & Assessment||The Characteristics of Effective English Teachers as Perceived by Undergraduate Students Majoring in English||Zhenya Yesayan, Tatevik Vardanyan, Shushan Mikoyan, Lili Harutyunyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 114W|
|Linguistics||Defective Names of Plural and Singular in Italian||Silva Galstyan (Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences)||PAB 133W|
|WORKSHOP||Digital Storytelling for 21st Century Skills||Marine Abrahamyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 207E|
|16:15-16:45||Teaching & Assessment||Reflective Teaching in EFL Settings||Narine Galoyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 113W|
|Teaching & Assessment||Digital Storytelling: Improving Armenian Learners’ Speaking Skills.||Hasmik Harutyunyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 114W|
|Teaching & Assessment||Dealing with Student Behavior||Anna Alaverdyan, Lili Movsisyan, Svetlana Tatinyan, Lyusi Arakelyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 133W|
|WORKSHOP||Test Bank: Creating Parallel Tests||Dianna Torosyan,Syuzanna Khachatryan, Gwendoline Vughose (American University of Armenia)||PAB 215E|
|17:15-17:45||Linguistics||Error Analysis of L2 Academic Writing||Emma Levonyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 113W|
|Teaching & Assessment||English Private Tutoring Among Armenian Secondary School Children||Emily Hovhannisyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 114W|
|Teaching & Assessment||Effective lessons? Let’s ask the students!||Arusyak Chakhoyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 133W|
|Translation||The Author’s Ideology as the Key to the Idea of the Fiction||Amalia Meliksetyan (American University of Armenia)||PAB 215E|
- Understanding the Meaning Underlying AUA MA TEFL Faculty Decisions (Artashes Stepanyan, American University of Armenia)
- The Integration Process of Syrian-Armenian Refugee Students in Armenian Schools (Anna Babajanyan, Setrag Hovsepian, and Khosrovadukht Mamyan, American University of Armenia)
- Armenian ESL Teachers as Researchers in the Regions of Armenia (Syuzanna Sahakyan and Svetlana Ghukasyan, American University of Armenia)
- Understanding Academic Performance of AUA Students: Relationship between Scores and GPA (Lorik Keshish Hartoun, Yana Nagoga, Varsenik Ohanyan, and Amalya Darbinyan, American University of Armenia)
- The Use of Textbooks on English Learners’ Motivation (Venera Melkonyan, Amalia Meliksetyan, Lusine Galstyan, and Mher Davtyan, American University of Armenia)
- Approaches to Teaching Vocabulary in Armenian and International Textbooks (Meline Ghonyan, Lilit Mantashyan, Ani Nersesyan, Ani Gasparyan, American University of Armenia)
- Designing Curriculum for the AUA Preschool English Program (Kristine Ghazaryan, American University of Armenia)
- Developing a Course Evaluation to Foster Effective Learning (Arpineh Yeressian-Negarchi, Anahit Harutyunyan, and Elen Grigoryan, American University of Armenia)
Conference participants should familiarize themselves with visa requirements well in advance of the conference. The conference organizers encourage you to apply for your visa as early as possible. Complete information on how to apply for a VISA to enter Armenia can be found on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
Conference organizers will assist participants coming from outside of Armenia in locating optimal accommodation and other logistical requests.
The Student Research Conference is free of charge for all presenters and participants. Conference participants should plan to cover lunch, travel and accommodation expenses.
Equipment and Supplies
- Each room is equipped with a laptop, projector. Additional equipment must be requested beforehand.
- Please bring your own photocopies. A photocopier is not available at the venue
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AUASRC
- Conference attendance is free.
- To receive a Certificate of Attendance, register at http://tefl.aua.am/src2015/ by June 9th. To register, please use the form below.