Center for Research in Applied Linguistics (CRAL)
The Center was initially established in the academic year of 2003 within the Department of English Programs. Its mission is to conduct, encourage, publish and disseminate research with primary focus on promoting effective language teaching at all levels in Armenia and the region.
Specific CRAL goals include:
- conducting research on the teaching of English as a Foreign Language and the teaching of other languages
- providing opportunities for MA students to conduct their research as part of their course work at AUA
- providing English teaching services to the larger community
- implementing relevant research findings to the Armenian context
- educating and training in-service TEFL professionals for academic and leadership positions
- supporting academic activities for faculty at AUA and elsewhere
- holding local, regional, and international conferences on issues related to applied linguistics.
English Classes: Learning Hub for TEFL Students
CRAL is offering two English learning opportunities to children in the community:
Experimental English Classes: For children ages 6-16
Sprout, AUA Preschool English Program: For children ages 2-5
These two programs provide AUA TEFL students a unique opportunity to experience teaching and engage in research activity first-hand.